Home Page | News | Services | The Churches | Family history | Contact us | Links | Site map

The Whittlewood churches

Whittlewood Parishes consists of 5 parishes situated in South Northamptonshire.  Our parishes form an arc to the south of Towcester and include Silverstone circuit, the home of the British Grand Prix.

The name was chosen because we are in the heart of the ancient Royal Forest of Whittlewood.  This area was established as an area set aside for hunting by William the Conqueror soon after he became king in 1066.  Therefore all five of our parishes were forest villages subject to harsh laws for many years.  

We believe that all the villages had a church or chapel of some sort at least from this time, although in common with most English churches they have been much changed in the last 1000 years.

To learn more about our churches click on the options to the right.

 

 

 


Silverstone

Abthorpe

Slapton

Whittlebury

Paulerspury


Home ] News ] Services ] [ The Churches ] Family history ] Contact us ] Links ] Site map ]

Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008  - Whittlewood Parishes